›

What did you eat today?

12346»

Comments

  • Aiming for Trader Joe’s chicken pot pie! But not sure.
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    A small bowl of oatmeal porridge with a pinch of salt and splash of milk, since I would be queueing all morning at Home Affairs to get a new ID card. Nasty moment when the official asked how someone like myself of mixed race and born in Zimbabwe was able to claim South African citizenship and the room filled with a xenophobic chill. But he stamped things and recorded my thumbprint with success.

    Made myself an ad hoc Buddha bowl with multigrain rice, homemade kimchi and boiled amaranth greens, crunchy shredded cabbage and a miso broth. For supper I am thinking about a simple hummus dip.
  • la vie en rougela vie en rouge Purgatory Host, Circus Host
    edited October 6
    Breakfast: toast and Marmite

    Lunch: lentil soup, cheese and grapes

    Dinner: husband en rouge is making bottom of the fridge pasta with various leftovers (tomato + tomato sauce, olives, ham, grated cheese...). Coffee eclair for dessert.

    There are also chocolate covered pistachios in the house, which I may have been snacking on intermittently.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Breakfast: toasted buttery, OJ

    Lunch: oatcakes, pâté, tomatoes

    Supper: baked potato with cheese

    Buttered fruit loaf and a cup of tea
  • Breakfast: latte
    Lunch: porridge
    Tea: Thai yellow chicken and spinach curry, with flat noodles.
  • Usual breakfast

    Lunch: ham & mustard sandwich with a few lettuce leaves added, and accompanied as usual with cherry tomatoes & cucumber.

    Dinner: Butter Chicken with saffron rice (ready meal) & as much spinach as I could cram in the carton at half-time.
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Yoga class this morning, so just an apple and a glass of water for breakfast.

    For lunch I am going to try to adapt a Melissa Clark recipe in the NYT for cold peanut ginger noodles with wide flat noodles, crunchy sugar-free peanut butter, minced ginger fresh coriander, snipped chives and toasted sesame oil. If it works out, I shall make it for book club suppers this summer.

    Supper may be lunch leftovers or a hunk of cheddar.
  • FirenzeFirenze Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Breakfast, coffee and pancakes.

    Lunch, scrambled eggs enlivened with spring onion, on toast.

    Dinner was The Pan as they say at home - bacon, black pudding and lamb's liver. With a nice Zweigelt.
  • la vie en rougela vie en rouge Purgatory Host, Circus Host
    Breakfast: toast and marmalade

    Lunch: Gnocchi and green salad. Bought tiramisu.

    Afternoon snack (husband en rouge is getting home late): chocolate chip brioche

    Dinner: vegetable korma and naan. Fruit after.
  • Feeling better weather wise, so breakfast was yogurt, blueberries, and coffee. Lunch: pasta with pesto and shrimp with mixed vegatables and water. Snack: peanut butter on crackers. Dinner will be a sandwich of some sort.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Breakfast: bacon roll and cappuccino

    Lunch: chicken, tomato and pasta salad

    Supper: a cobblement of chickpeas, tomatoes, lardons and green beans with orzo

    Cheese and crackers; grapes
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    Breakfast was a granola pot in a service station with an oat milk caffe latte. We were home for lunch of toast, one with peanut butter and the other with marmite, served with loads of home grown tomatoes and rather a lot of olives. Tea was pasta with shop bought pesto and yet more olives. Its good to be in charge of what I'm eating again.
  • usual breakfast.

    Lunch: cheese & tomato omelette and a slice of wholemeal toast.

    Dinner: Wholemeal penne with fried bits of bacon, shredded brussels sprouts, lots of black pepper, cream & crumbled feta
  • FirenzeFirenze Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Coffee and pancakes.

    Cheese and tomato toastie. Orange Kit-kat.

    Cheat's kedgeree. Mr F mentioned to his dentist this was what he was having for dinner and the chap had never heard of kedgeree.
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Well, I know kedgeree, @Firenze, but what is cheat's kedgeree?

    Had muesli and cranberries with yoghurt for breakfast, coffee, some squeezed orange juice.

    For lunch I'm making a white bean salad with feta, pitted olives, fennel and celery and a lemony vinaigrette, possibly adding anchovies. Left-over glass or two of Thelema Sauvignon Blanc, flinty and crisp.

    Supper a chicken banh mi thingy. Or just a handful of roasted peanuts if the lunch was too filling.
  • SipechSipech Shipmate
    Marking my birthday today, so am treating myself. Had a full English breakfast, which consisted of: 2 Cumberland sausages, 2 rashers of back bacon, 2 fried eggs, 2 slices of black pudding and two slices of buttered toast (cut diagonally).

    Because of that, lunch consisted merely of an apple, a banana and a yoghurt.

    Dinner tonight, will be fillet steak & chips, with a side of beer battered onion rings and some peas; followed by profiteroles for pudding. After which, I shall sit down and watch Celebrity Traitors like Bond villain, in my green leather wingback chair with a Speyside single malt.

    Normality shall resume tomorrow.
  • @Sipech A very Happy Birthday.
  • FirenzeFirenze Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    MaryLouise wrote: »
    Well, I know kedgeree, @Firenze, but what is cheat's kedgeree?

    Probably not that different to Honest Kedgeree, except I use a ready-cooked packet of rice, frozen peas and the (buttered) fish gets a couple of minutes in the microwave. No simmering or poaching, though I do soften the onions in butter first.

    I don't do much baking, but I have just put an experimental cake in the oven - Honey, Apple and Poppyseed. Halved the quantities - difficult when it's 3 eggs - but may have doubled the apple content, as the raison d'être is the Cutler Grieve from the garden.

  • la vie en rougela vie en rouge Purgatory Host, Circus Host
    Happy birthday @Sipech !
  • FirenzeFirenze Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Cake OK if a bit dense. Needs more honey and tbh I don’t see what poppyseed brings to the party. Nevertheless I’ve had two slices and could look at a third by- but won’t, because dinner n (cauliflower cheese and butcher’s sausages).
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Happy birthday Sipech! 🍾
    Breakfast: toasted buttery, OJ

    Lunch: smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich made at home; lentil soup from a cafe because I was feeling cold; a few tomatoes; chocolate bar

    Supper: the other half of the orzo thingy

    Just now: grapes
  • Usual Breakfast.
    Lunch: odd bits & pieces left from previous meals, to de-clutter the fridge.

    Dinner: Spinach, sweet potato & coconut stew with fluffy wholemeal pittas. Cold custard for pud.
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    My Inner Snack Monster surfaced out of nowhere and I have been eating oatmeal crunchies and handfuls of roasted peanuts or cashews all day. While rocket and cos lettuce wilt in the fridge. Also spooned peanut butter right out of the jar, double-dipping etc.
  • My inner snack monster prowls constantly, pulling me towards anything fried or otherwise rich and fattening. Sometimes I can keep him at bay - sometimes not. Today is in the latter group.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    I'm so glad other people have Inner Snack Monsters!

    Usual non-Wednesday breakfast

    Lunch: roll with pâté and chutney; a few tomatoes

    Supper: f&c

    Cheese and crackers; grapes
  • la vie en rougela vie en rouge Purgatory Host, Circus Host
    I also have a snack monster. Actually this thread has been most helpful in keeping it at bay, because I find myself asking, "Do I want to admit in public that I ate this?"

    Our diet over the coming days is going to be influenced by the fact that husband en rouge went to the Aveyron market this afternoon. This may not be entirely beneficial to our arteries.

    Breakfast: toast and marmalade, yoghurt with plain sugar.

    Lunch: baked potato with cheese, green salad. Bought tiramisu. I would have loved to put baked beans on the potato, but alas, Brexit put paid to that. Monoprix and the Lebanese supermarket had them, but only the kind with chili, and at over €4 a tin, it didn't feel reasonable. I have to try to bring some back when I go to London soon.

    Apéritif: croquinettes d'escargot. That's right, snails. In a sort of miniature vol-au-vent, and TBH, the gastropod is not the best bit (that would be the puff pastry and butter).

    Dinner: seabass and scallops with beurre blanc sauce and leeks. Aveyron CHEESE (I am particularly excited about the Roquefort, which is one that you can't usually get outside of the South West). Apple compote to finish. An excellent white Burgundy to accompany all the above because husband en rouge (who is in charge of the cellar) had had a frustrating day.
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    Usual breakfast of cereal and fruit. Lunch was a vegan toasted cheese sandwich with salad followed by an apple. My early tea was a very nice cauliflower curry cooked by my husband with rice cooked by me. Then off for an evening in a wine bar where I eat most of the olives.
  • usual breakfast.
    Out for lunch: Had Turkish bourek, with a generous side salad. Dessert was chocolate babka. I brought mine home to eat later in the afternoon.

    Dinner: Didn't need much so shared a pack of mushroom filled pasta with Mr RoS plus a small salad of lettuce, cucumber & tomato each
  • Breakfast was nil because slugabed. Lunch was the last of the Birthday Cheese plus excellent beer at our quirky microbrewery, then some unusually tedious cricket which put me to sleep. Supper was an omelette (cheese. Did I say I liked cheese?)
  • Usual breakfast and lunch. I've just had some chocolate brownie having been out in the garden all morning, I decided I needed a treat.

    I am not sure what tonight's dinner will be. I do have some bowls of mild curried chicken with chickpeas and brown rice. If I run out of steam later, that will be the default!
  • It has finally cooled off enough that I plan on making chicken soup today. I am starting off with my usual more special Saturday week-end breakfast. Eggs, scrambled with onions and peppers. strawberries, English muffin with jam, and a sausage link. I will have the soup for lunch with some fry bread or corn bread, and tonight a salad as I have some lettuce that needs to be eaten now.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    So far today:

    Brunch: smoked salmon and scrambled eggs; toasted buttery; OJ

    Supper will be a steak, with potatoes, mushrooms and greens, and a glass of Malbec.

    There may be some chocolate treats in the offing: I went to M&S earlier ... :blush:
  • SipechSipech Shipmate
    Using up some leftover bits from Thursday.
    Brunch: alternative English breakfast (sausages split down the middle, laid on top of bacon, which is sitting on two slices of eggy bread - all with a slightly more than moderate amount of barbeque sauce)

    Snacks: banana, jazz apple, conference pear

    Dinner: roasted chicken thighs wrapped in bacon, black pudding slices, beer-battered onion rings, peas and roast potatoes (of course the potatoes had a generous helping of mint sauce on top).

    Not sure I need to eat much for the rest of the weekend.
  • la vie en rougela vie en rouge Purgatory Host, Circus Host
    We have been eating our way through all the stuff husband en rouge brought back from the Aveyron market. Suffice to say that they are solid trencherpeople in that part of the world.

    Breakfast: fouace (a sort of dense brioche - very yummy)

    Lunch: farçous (vegetable fritters), with cucumber and tomato on the side. CHEESE and bought desserts.

    Dinner: aligot and sausage. Too full for anything else.
  • PuzzlerPuzzler Shipmate
    On Thursday I ate a slice of coffee and walnut cake in a shop-café because it was free with a hot drink, and I have been regretting it ever since as it gave me a blood sugar spike. Recovered now,but not learned my lesson.
    Usual breakfast of granola and fruit.
    Usual ham sandwich with salad lunch ( not usual for a Saturday but things needed using.

    HM Chicken stir fry, choc ice.
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    Usual breakfast, then crumpets with home made guacamole for lunch. A slice of cake and a biscuit at an event this afternoon, followed by vegan sausages, hash browns and home-grown runner beans for tea. A couple of glasses of wine were drunk while watching a play this evening.
  • Usual breakfast.

    Lunch: Brussels paté on wholemeal toast, plus cherry tomatoes & cucumber

    Dinner: Cauliflower roasted with mediterranean vegetables, chorizo, chickpeas & olives. Served with brown rice.
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    For breakfast I had a close-enough approximation of bircher muesli with apple, overnight oats, milk and chopped nuts. Black coffee because forgot to get more milk.

    Lunch, made Mozambican peri-peri chicken livers on basmati rice. I'm prone to slight anaemia so anything that ups my iron is a regular (spinach, broccoli, etc).

    Supper, saw friends and gobbled up most of a sushi platter along with a Glen Carlou Queartz Stone Chardonnay, light and minerally. (The other guests were nervous about raw yellowtail but not moi.) The friend hosting supper is training as a chef in Japanese cuisine, so had bought fresh fish a few hours before and I am hoping for more supper invitations.

Sign In or Register to comment.