›

General Good-byes And RIPs

1…555657585961»

Comments

  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    "Waiting For God" was brilliant. My TV was taken out by a bookcase during an earthquake in what I like to think was a triumph of culture over crass commercialism, but that programme transcended most that appeared on my screen.
  • Gerrit Graham has passed. RIP to him and all the others listed above.

    https://variety.com/2026/film/news/gerrit-graham-dead-grateful-dead-co-writer-1236867006/
  • EnochEnoch Shipmate
    edited September 21
    I have just heard that Margaret Rizzi, singer and composer of chants and other church music, has died on the 9th September aged 97.

  • I was surprised to see mention on our Aussie ABC website, of the death of illustrator Terry Denton. Mr Denton collaborated with author Andy Griffiths to produce the series of Treehouse books of various storeys. I know Cheery son has some of the early volumes, but outgrew them before they finished being written. I know the illustrations brought smiles to many and I feel sad for his collaborator of many years. May his family and friends be comforted in their loss.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Enoch wrote: »
    I have just heard that Margaret Rizzi, singer and composer of chants and other church music, has died on the 9th September aged 97.

    Talking of church musicians, Bryan Kelly, whose Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis in C are belovèd and feared in equal measure* by choir singers the world over, has died aged 92.

    * FWIW, I love it - it's great fun to sing once you get your head around the jaunty rhythms.



  • Comics artist Josh Cassara has passed from heart complications at 46. :(

    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marvel-stormbreaker-artist-josh-cassara-died-yesterday/
  • Esther Rantzen, died today at home.
    She had become too fragile to travel to Dignitas, as she had wished.
  • PomonaPomona Shipmate
    Oh, I'm so sad that she didn't manage to get her wish :( I hope she had a peaceful and comfortable passing, and may her memory be a blessing.
  • Goodness! I only saw him being interviewed on the TV a couple of days ago.
    What a shame I didn't listen long enough to find out why - maybe a new book published? I'm pretty sure he said he didn't think he had another book in him.
  • HeavenlyannieHeavenlyannie Shipmate
    edited October 5
    Yes, he was publishing a new book this week and apparently was being interviewed and signing books yesterday.
  • sionisaissionisais Shipmate
    Note that Jeffrey Archer, Esther Rantzen and Jilly Cooper have all died at the age of 86. It’s a reasonable age, but I know, or know of, a lot of people born around 1940.
  • Barnabas62Barnabas62 Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    I’ve just found out that Brian Doerksen died on July 26 at 60 years old. A singer and composer, best known for contemporary worship songs “Come now is the Time to Worship, Faithful One, Refiners Fire”. Not so well known but I love his song “Creation Calls”.

  • sionisais wrote: »
    Note that Jeffrey Archer, Esther Rantzen and Jilly Cooper have all died at the age of 86. It’s a reasonable age, but I know, or know of, a lot of people born around 1940.
    You can add former televangelist Jim Bakker to the list of those who have died at age 86.


  • Nick Tamen wrote: »
    sionisais wrote: »
    Note that Jeffrey Archer, Esther Rantzen and Jilly Cooper have all died at the age of 86. It’s a reasonable age, but I know, or know of, a lot of people born around 1940.
    You can add former televangelist Jim Bakker to the list of those who have died at age 86.

    Prayers for his redemption and for that of Dennis Hastert. Terrible people who harmed many, but God loves us all.
Sign In or Register to comment.